Pregnancy and the process of raising a child are deeply emotional, important parts of the human experience. The old adage “it takes a village” speaks to the fact that it’s the work of an entire community to provide positive interactions for children and help out when needed. This is one of the reasons we gather and give gifts to new and expecting parents.
But finding the right gifts to celebrate a baby shower or birth is no easy task. Did you know that 40 percent of all family households in the United States have children living in the home? That leaves another 60% of us who are probably clueless about what a new parent really needs for their child!
The truth is some gifts are more meaningful than others, and there’s simply no substitute for a heartfelt present that captures the magic of the moment to be remembered for years to come. Some of the most precious gift ideas for this type of occasion come in the form of framed mementos.
In the spirit of celebration, following are four creative and unique gift ideas for commemorating a pregnancy, baby shower or birth. Use these helpful insights and tips to deliver the perfect present.
1. Custom-Framed Birth Announcement
Many parents proudly mail out birth announcements sharing a photo of their little one and all the need-to-know details, like full name, date and time of birth, gender, weight and length. If your gift recipients opted for a birth announcement, consider having it framed to honor such an important memory in their lives. For a truly beautiful display, use these framing tips:
- Choose a framing treatment that complements the colors and style of the announcement itself. Custom framing gives you the most options from which to select just the right look.
- Use matting to create a visual transition between the announcement and the frame, as well as a nice separation between the paper and the acrylic.
- Note the announcement’s dimensions so you can order a framing treatment tailored perfectly to the size of the paper.